Cheat Chocolate Truffles you could make for yourself for Mother’s Day
I realised that Mother’s day is this coming Sunday but I don’t think my kids know about it, after all they haven’t been in school or in shops since last week so who would tell them?! Athol is usually reminded by them about significant dates and I’m not sure how to remind them myself without sounding needy!
So if you are in the same boat as I am and thinking you might have to make your own chocolate truffles for Mother’s day this year, then here is your solution! Alternatively, you could surreptitiously leave this recipe lying open in a place where a family member would see it, perhaps they would get the hint?
I can say with all honesty that these are simply the most delicious chocolate treats I have tasted in a long time, I reeeeeally struggle to eat just two at a time. And the amazing thing is they are so easy to make and use only 3 readymade cheat (treat) ingredients.
- 1 x 150gm pack of Oreo style cookies
- 1 x 200gm pack soft cream cheese
- 1 x 200gm bar good quality milk or dark chocolate (you may be tempted to just eat the bar of chocolate, but trust me, this unlikely sounding combo is truly delicious).
- Blitz the cookies and cream cheese together in a blender or crush cookies in a bowl and stir in cream cheese.
- Shape teaspoonfulls of the mixture into balls and place on a tray.
- Pop tray of truffles into the fridge to harden for ten minutes.
- While the truffles are cooling in the fridge, melt the bar of chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Remove the truffles from the fridge and dip them in melted chocolate.
- Wrap in a pretty box and give them to yourself to enjoy. 🙂