Easy Peasy Homemade Fudge Recipe
This fudge recipe is so easy, all you need to be able to do is stir reliably and not remove yourself from the stool you set beside the stove top for about 20 minutes. And because it’s homemade, it makes an ideal gift. (Christmas gift, teacher’s gift, halloween treat or any time really!) My girls make this every year for my hubby as his Christmas present, it’s become a bit of a tradition on our home now.
Easy Fudge Recipe:
Makes 36 3cm squares.
- 500ml sugar
- 30ml golden syrup
- 125ml butter
- 1x397gm tin sweetened condensed milk
- Grease a 22x22cm baking tin.
- Bring a stool and pop it next to your cooker.
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and place over medium heat. Don’t be tempted to increase the heat at any stage.
- Sit on the stool and using a wooden spoon stir CONSTANTLY and evenly for 20 minutes, bring a book or something.
- Make sure you stir right to the bottom of the pan to prevent the sugar from sticking and burning. If you start to notice very dark flecks appearing, you could have the temperature a bit too high. Stir a bit faster and ensure you are scraping the bottom of the pan thoroughly.
- After 20 minutes when the mix has darkened in colour to a nice fudgey hue, pour into the greased baking tin to set.
- Cut into squares when nearly cool.
The only problem with this fudge is that it’s so yummy it doesn’t last long!
More easy recipes:
- How about trying this decadent Chocolate Biscuit Cake recipe next?
- Or a Three Ingredient (I kid you not!) Cheesecake?
- Perhaps you’d like to try this quick Oat, Yoghurt and Sunflower Seed Loaf?
- And finally, these Three Cup Cheese Puffs are simple yet delicious.
Fill in your details here to receive my future blogs via email.