My kids answer some questions about living on a Deserted Island
In my previous post where I asked my kids some questions about the future I learned some interesting things, not only about my children but about the world in general. For example, I discovered that I would be the future mother-in-law to Tom Holland (then I hastily Googled the lad just so that I’d know him to see him when he comes to ask for her hand in marriage).
I also realised that I had better get cracking on my knitting skills, because if I am going to have 15 grandchildren, best I start kntting baby cardigans ASAP.
I loved the time with each child asking them random questions, as it allowed me a little glimpse into their imaginations and allowed me to appreciate their individual sense of humour and creativity. I learned some real facts too (especially this week), not only have they picked up some random facts in school but the curriculum has changed since I was there almost 100 years ago.
I interviewed each child on their own so that their answers wouldn’t be influenced by their siblings and it was interesting comparing the differences and similarities.
One thing is clear, I need to brush up on my celebrity knowledge as I didn’t know what half of these mentioned actually look like let alone who they are. It also looks like I’m not escaping Tom Holland anytime soon. 😀
As I mentioned previously my children are 16, 13, 11 and 9 years old, I’ve colour coded their replies accordingly to make it easier to identify their answers with their ages:
This week the theme is Deserted Island:
If you found a deserted island, what would you name it?
- Flying Ant Island
- Free island
What three symbols would you put on your flag?
- A cross, the sun and a wave
- A tree, a drop of water and a fish
- A pair of ballet shoes, music notes and a throne
- Illuminati, Pi and Ireland
What three things would you bring to your island?
- A trampoline, Tom Holland to teach me how to do backflips, spf moisturiser
- A desalinator, a tent and a flint and steel
- Water, food and shelter
- Water, food and family
If you were stuck in the same outfit for the rest of your life on the island, what would you like to be wearing?
- Black stretch ripped jeans, a loose crop top and a baggy ‘Champion’ jumper with an elf hood
- A comfortable tracksuit
- Leggings, t-shirt and runners
- A jumpsuit with long sleeves and legs
What three food items would you bring?
- Chocolate, chicken skewers and mangoes
- Cucumber, beef and walnuts
- Watermelon, cucumber and a burger
- Potatoes, cucumber and steak
Which three music albums would you want?
- Cardi B – Invasion of Privacy, Taylor Swift – Reputation and Guvna B – Hands are made for working.
- 21 Pilots – Blurry Face and Vessel, Greenday – Revolution Radio
- Brit Nicole – Gold, Ed Sheeran – Multiply, 21 Pilots – Blurry Face
- Brit Nicole – Gold, 21 Pilots – Blurry Face and the Moana sound track
Name three books you’d not want to be without
- The Odyssey attributed to Homer, Narnia by CS Lewis and The Complete Essays of Michel de Montaigne ( I had to Google him too!)
- Man vs Wild by Bear grylls, the Bible, Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien
- Nancy Drew by Caroline Keene, the Bible, Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls by Elena Favilli and Francesca Cavallo
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid – the Long Haul by Jeff Kinney, The Guinness World Book of Records 2020 version (she’s going in 2 years) and Private Peaceful by Michael Morpurgo
And three films?
- Fault in our Stars, Narnia, The Greatest Showman
- Infinity War, Lord of the Rings, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- The Greatest Showman, Moana and Rampage
- Moana, Divergent and Jumanji
If you became ruler of a tribe that lived on this (no-longer-deserted) island, what one rule would you insist upon?
- Treat others as you would want to be treated but if you want to commit suicide it doesn’t mean you can kill someone
- No murder
- No cigarettes or drugs
- No big arguments, otherwise you will be thrown into the sea
Name three modern inventions you’d birng to make your life easier
- Air con, mosquito spray and a fridge
- TV, dehumidifyer and a laser beam cutter
- Swegway, phone and a speaker
- A gold iphone X, a slip and sllide and a pink helicopter
Which three current celebs would you love to have there with you?
- Emma Chamberlain and the Dolan twins
- Bear grylls, Tom Holland and Tyler Joseph
- Brit Nicole, Ed Sheeran and Niall Horan
- Bear Grylls, Tyler Jospeh and Josh Dun
What would your ideal home on the island look like?
- Spacious, minimalist and rustic to blend in with the jungle with one glass wall facing the ocean
- A massive treehouse connected by walkways
- A mansion by the beach
- Raised up on a platform with the village in a circle around it
What famous person from history would you like to discover there?
- Martin Luther
- Homer (the ancient Greek philosopher – I thought he meant Homer Simpson!!)
- Nelson Mandela
- Leonardo Da Vinci
Why did you pick them?
- I would ask him what it was like being in that thunderstorm.
- He’s very smart, he knew a lot of things and was apparently very friendly.
- He made a big impact on life in South Africa.
- He’d make my island look cool.
Now it’s your turn, what are some of the funny answers your kids have given?
Fill in your details if you’d like the next post emailed directly to you, or tell me what you like about this post in the comments section below: