Online shopping was invented for these four types of people:
There are four groups of people who are grateful for online shopping, perhaps it was invented for them in the first place?
- Online shopping was absolutely invented for mothers of small children. One thing that falls by the wayside when you become a new mum is leisurely shopping trips where you can try on five gazillion different outfits all day long. You also cannot calmly stroll through the glassware section in a home decor store.
Actually you dare not enter the shop in the first place with either your pram, your fleet footed toddler or your curious six year old. Not unless you are happy to pay for broken stuff.
No indeed, the only time you can walk anywhere slowly with a toddler is when you want to got for a walk outside and then you spend two hours answering questions about a daisy and a slug.
- Shopping off the internet was also created for men who hate shopping with their female companions (most men then seemingly).
- People who hate crowds and busy malls but prefer to be outside enjoying the sunlight and an ice cream. (Honestly when was the last time you were allowed to bring an ice cream into a shop?)
- Finally, shopping within the global village was designed for people who like to buy things they can’t find in their local village.
I applaud the genius who invented the internet and then the next clever person who made it possible for us to order things to be delivered right to our front doors; and finally I applaud the creators of SUPERBALIST.COM, the South African online store with departments which include clothing for women, men, and children, as well as homeware, sports gear, party goodies and toys.
I know many women who hate to shop but few women who hate shoes so I have a treat in store for you!
It is Autumn in SA at the moment which means that toes need a little bit more covering up and women need shoes for running after their kids as well as stylish boots that are neither too hot nor too cold. Superbalist offers a wide range of footwear from the everyday practical to something for the office as well as for dressing up and going out in the evening.
The great thing is they are offering a first-time buyers promo of R250 off (min spend R600). I’ve had a leisurely peruse (from the comfort of my armchair) and these are my top picks in each section, although it was hard to only choose three:
Whether you call them takkies, runners, trainers or sneakers, these are my consistently go-to comfy shoes. However, when it comes to style I’m a bit of a chameleon in that I vacillate between sensible, feminine, practical and quirky (or ‘arty’!). When I go out I like to dress to express my mood and I admire women who always look timelessly stylish but I’m not a great follower of trends.
These three pairs caught my eye because they are timeless in their appeal but all have a different feel to them. The pale pink Supergas are so pretty and slightly retro, the red Pumas are flamboyantly fun and the black Vans appeal to my practical need for shoes to go with anything.
These three pairs of boots appeal to my love of something a little alternative one day, then something unusual the next, followed by a leather classic style boot after that. I’m not used to wearing wear super high heels everyday but occasionally I like to wear them as they do make me feel feminine.
Good to know:
- Based in Cape Town with warehouses in both Cape Town and Johannesburg
- First-time buyers promo of R250 off (min spend R600)
- Superbalist offers free delivery on orders over R350
- Same day delivery option avaliable
- Free exchange or return within 30 days.
- Helpful and thorough sizing guidelines if you are not sure how you measure up.
Now go off and get yourself that ice cream!