I Am the Woman Who Doesn’t Fit In – I Am Like You I was the girl who moved schools countless times across the country because my parents moved jobs, moved house again and again. I was the girl who moved to a different country, to a different hemisphere and… Read More »I Am the Woman Who Doesn’t Fit In – I Am Like You
Or, the day I didn’t lose the kids at Altamont Gardens Why is it that my kids always want to eat the picnic the minute we arrive at our destination? Even if it’s only 11:30 am and we left home 40 minutes ago, straight after they ate breakfast? Our recent… Read More »A Day at Altamont Gardens
What will you do once your children have grown?
When I was in high school I wrote down in one of my many journals what my plan for the future was. With teenage arrogance and idealism I had my life mapped out.
I have lost the written plan, and certainly the plot, since then but I seem to remember it went something like this:
- Complete school – 1989
- Go off to study Graphic Design (hopefully at University) – 1990-1993
- Work in the advertising industry, build up an amazing career, eventually have my own company with my name in bold writing across the front of the building.
- Get married in approximately 1996 – you know it’s necessary to have a few years of single life before settling down.
- Have children in 1998 – because it’s important to have a couple of child free years of marriage just so that you can get to know one another and build up your relationship. Strong foundations and all that).
- Stay at home to look after those children – note how speedy was my rise to career stardom (five or so years max).
- Be content with that decision for ever because obviously, who could compare a successful career to human lives?
- No idea what I wrote next.
The more we talk about her, the more I realise that women of my generation (who watched TV between 1975 and 1979) are in love with Wonder Woman. So the making of this film (by a female director) has been timed to perfection, here we are little girls grown big,… Read More »Wonder Woman – little girl me meets big girl me at the cinema.
a sort of a book review ~ This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy ~ Once upon a time I did a stupid thing. On impulse I bought a book called “The Home handbook-Quick and Easy Ways to Keep You Home Tidy, Clean and… Read More »Judging by the Mess