The BlogCrush Linky – week 69
Hi, I’m Liberty, and if you are a regular on the BlogCrush Linky you may have met me before. I am standing in for Alice who is taking a few weeks break. This is my first time hosting the Linky so I hope I am a good hostess and iron out all the linkels (linky wrinkles) before you get here! I’m not hosting alone however, I’m here because Lucy invited me to help lay the tables and wash up the cups of tea. You will find her blog at Lucy At Home.
Linkies are a great way for bloggers to connect as well as an opportunity for readers to find new blogs to read, but what is BlogCrush?
BlogCrush is a “linky” which is a place where bloggers can share their latest or best posts and find some new readers. This linky opens at 6am (BST) on a Friday; a blue button will appear at the bottom of this page saying “add your link” – that means the linky is open for bloggers to add their work.
– If you’re a blogger, add 2 posts (1 of yours AND 1 by someone else) by clicking on the blue “Add your link” button right down near the bottom of this post
– If you’re here to read some fab blogs then keep scrolling until you find the blue button down near the bottom of this post. Clicking on this will take you to a page of thumbnails, each representing a different blog post. Happy reading!
If you’re never joined in a linky before and are confused, don’t worry, we all are in the beginning! Thankfully Lucy has written a beginner’s linky guide for some help and advice for bloggers. You are welcome to email me, or message me on Twitter too if you get stuck.
BlogCrush is a unique linky as it allows you to share a post you’ve read and admired, that’s been written by someone else, as well as your own post.
Were you nominated for BlogCrush by another blogger?…
Wow, well done – you need to treat yourself and relish the good vibes! You are not obliged to do anything (but it would be nice to thank that person 😀 ). If you want to you may display the coveted “I was featured on #Blogcrush” badge below. Go on, you worked hard to earn it! Simply copy the code from the text box below and paste it into the HTML / text section of your blog.
Featured post badge code:
We try to pin all posts with a pinnable image will be added to the Blogcrush Pinterest Board, but we may struggle a little this week with the handover from Alice to me. Please be assured that we are trying to get this sorted ASAP.
Every linky has rules, here are the guidelines for this particular one.
- Join in with 2 posts:
- 1 post from your blog (personal) – no linkies please
- 1 post from someone else’s blog (your #BlogCrush)
- When you add your BlogCrush (post written by someone else) to the InLinkz form, put “BC” at the beginning of their title, and please put in your own email address when completing the inlinkz form to comply with GDPR.
- Tweet your BlogCrush (& us) to let them know you’ve added them to the linky and share their link (@libertyhenwick and @lucy_at_home). Please tweet us your own BlogCrush posts too so we can share them for you.
- Comment using the #BlogCrush hashtag on at least these 4 posts:
- 1 post from Host 1 (personal or BC)
- 1 post from Host 2 (personal or BC)
- 2x personal posts from the rest of the link up
So that’s a minimum of 4 (FOUR) posts.
- Add the #BlogCrush badge to the post that you’re linking up from your own blog. You can do this by copying the code in the box below and pasting it into the HTML view of your post.
BlogCrush badge code:
Blogcrush Week 69
Bloggers are invited to choose any post they wish as their BlogCrush, but as hosts, we choose one of the amazing Linkers from the previous week and add them back into the Linky again as “host featured post”.
Wendy and Lucy were hosting last week so their chosen featured posts for BlogCrush Week 69 are:
Wendy’s Blogcrush choice is TBC
Lucy’s Blogcrush choice is : Writer Side of Life – Broken Cookies
Congratulations! Please collect your “I’ve been featured” badge from the top of the page because you are featured bloggers on BlogCrush Week 68!
For BlogCrush Week 69, I’m linking up with this post I wrote in an interview format with my kids.
Do your children ask you a trillion questions? I decided to turn the tables and be the one looking for answers from them for a change. I have four of them and I sat down with each one and wrote down their dreams and ideas about the future. Some of their replies are surprising and funny, others quite insightful.
You can read it here:
Lucy’s post is How To Do Gentle Parenting Without Pandering To Your Kids
She says: “Gentle parenting gets a bad wrap but it’s something I feel really passionately about. This post boils gentle parenting down to its simplest form and offers some practical ways to enforce gentle parenting discipline in your house.”
Please click on the blue button below to add your posts to the link up: